Use of the Site
The Site is available only for your personal use, which shall be limited to viewing the Site, providing information to the Site, downloading product information for your personal review and for the purchase of products.
You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between Tapestry and you as a result of this Agreement or your use of the Site.
Except as expressly provided herein, nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any license or right under any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary or industrial right of Tapestry.
Use of information submitted by you
If you respond to Tapestry with any information, including but not limited to feedback, data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, such information shall NOT be deemed confidential. All such submissions shall be deemed the property of Tapestry, and your submission of information shall constitute an assignment to Tapestry of all worldwide rights, titles and interests in such information. Tapestry will not be liable for any use or disclosure of such information. Tapestry will not have any obligation to keep such information confidential and will be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute the information to others without limitation. Tapestry will be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such information for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products which incorporate or otherwise rely upon such information.
Product and Pricing Information
The information on this Site does not constitute a binding offer to sell products described or referenced on the Site. Tapestry reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order, or any portion thereof, in our sole discretion, even after your receipt of an order confirmation or after your credit card has been charged. Products displayed may be out-of-stock or discontinued, and prices are subject to change. Subject to the foregoing, the prices displayed are quoted in U.S. dollars and are effective only for United States purchases. Although Tapestry has made every effort to display the products and their colors as accurately as possible, the DISPLAYED colors of the products will depend upon the monitor of the user and Tapestry cannot guarantee that the user’s monitor will accurately portray the ACTUAL colors of the products. Purchases are subject to applicable taxes to be paid by the purchaser, and do not include shipping and handling.
Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability
While Tapestry attempts to provide accurate and timely information, there may be inadvertent technical or factual inaccuracies and typographical errors. Tapestry reserves the right to make corrections and changes to the Site at any time without notice. Tapestry does not claim that the information on the Site is appropriate to your jurisdiction or that the products described on the Site will be available for purchase in all jurisdictions.
You assume all responsibility and risk with respect to their use of the Site. Tapestry disclaims all warranties, representations and endorsements, express or implied, with regard to information accessed from or via the Site, including, but not limited to, all express and implied warranties, such as warranty of title, merchantability, non-infringement and fitness for a particular purpose. Tapestry does not warrant that the Site is free of computer viruses, bugs or other harmful components. Tapestry does not warrant that the functions contained in the material will be uninterrupted or error-free or that errors will be detected or corrected. Tapestry does not assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, reliability or usefulness of the information disclosed or accessed through the Site. Tapestry does not have any duty to update the Site or modify their Content or Code, and Tapestry shall not be liable for its failure to update such information. It is your responsibility to verify any information contained on the Sites before relying upon it.
Tapestry makes no warranties of any kind regarding any non- Tapestry websites to which you may be directed or hyperlinked from the Site. Hyperlinks are included solely for your convenience, and Tapestry makes no representations or warranties with regard to the accuracy, availability, suitability or safety of information provided in such non- Tapestry sites.
In no event shall tapestry, its affiliates or any of its respective directors, officers, Employees, agents, or content or service providers be liable for any direct, special, Indirect, incidental, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages, losses or any other Damages of whatever kind resulting from whatever cause, including, but not limited to, Loss of use, loss of profits, loss of data, or any other type of damage, tangible or Intangible in nature, whether in an action under theories of contract, tort or Otherwise, arising out of or in any way relating to the use or performance of the Information on, or accessed through, the site.
Gift Card Disclaimer
Tapestry reserves the right to refuse to send or transmit gift cards, including e-gift cards that contain vulgar, obscene, abusive, profane or otherwise offensive language.
In no event shall tapestry be liable for any direct, special, indirect or consequential Damages, or any other damage of whatever kind resulting from whatever cause, including, Without limitation, loss or damage to property and injury or death to persons, arising Out of or in any way relating to the use or performance of the information on, or Accessed through, the site.
Entire Agreement and Admissibility
Last updated December 1, 2022
We, Tapestry Inc., are part of the Tapestry Inc. brands which include COACH, kate spade, and STUART WEITZMAN. In this Privacy Notice, we describe how we use personal information that we collect from you if you are in the U.S. and you:
- Access or use our websites: tapestry.com, www.coach.com, www.katespade.com, www.stuartweitzman.com or any other website, application or online service that we operate which includes a link to this Privacy Notice;
- Sign up in any of our stores for any of our online services; or
- Contact us for customer care.
If you are a resident of the relevant U.S. state, please also see our Supplemental U.S. State Privacy Law Notice at Section 9 of this Privacy Notice below.
1. What Types of Personal Information Do We Collect?
Information You Actively Submit: If you buy our products online, register for an online account with us, use the “wish list” features of our online services, sign up for updates and marketing communications from us, participate in our sweepstakes or surveys, request specific product customizations from us, submit a product review on our website, contact us for customer service, or otherwise interact with us via our online services, we may collect personal information about you, including the following:
- Contact Data, which may include your name, alias, username, postal address, email address and telephone number;
- Order information and Account Data, which may include your Contact Data, payment card information, billing address, birth day and month, gender, nationality, and the details of the products or services you have ordered, purchased or requested from us;
- “Wish List” Data, which may include your Contact Data and the products or services you are interested in;
- Giveaways or Sweepstakes Data, which may include your Contact Data and the details of the giveaway or sweepstakes you have voluntarily entered;
- Social Media Data, which may include your social media interactions with us (e.g., if you “like” or “share” or “comment” on something you see on our social media platforms) and any information you actively provide to us for social media marketing purposes; and
- Correspondence Data, which you voluntarily provide to us when making inquiries to customer care, comments on our social media, product reviews on our site, survey feedback, interests if you choose to participate in our clienteling program, and any other information you actively provide to us.
Information Passively Submitted on our Online Services: When you use our online services, we collect information from or about the computer, phone or other device on which you have installed, or from which you access, our online services, and information about your usage of our online services, including the following:
- Technical Data, which includes your IP address, browser type and version, device identifier, location and time zone setting, network and/or service provider, operating system and platform, page response times, and download errors;
- Online Usage and Interaction Data, which includes the websites you visited before and after visiting our website, products you viewed or searched for on our online services, length of visits to certain online pages, online page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouseovers), methods used to browse away from online pages, your interactions with our marketing emails (such as whether and when you opened an email from us, and whether you clicked a link in the email or forwarded the email), and your interactions with our online ads.
- Enable basic functioning of our website;
- Web analytics to improve our website (structure, features, accessibility and usability, content, or to fix any technical issues through gathering relevant technical data);
- Enable certain basic functions of online browsing and shopping with us (for example, save information you generated or provided on our website such as preferred items, items placed in the cart);
- Monitor the effectiveness of our online ads and marketing (by recording your interactions with our ads on third-party websites, our social media platforms or our marketing emails); and
- Learn more about your preferences and Internet browsing habits to provide you with tailored web-visit.
No Children’s Information: Our online services are not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly register or otherwise collect personal information from any child under the age of 13 without the prior verifiable consent of the child’s parent or guardian. However, we may collect personal information about children under the age of 13 if you provide the name of your child while using our clientelling applications. For more information, please see Section 9.
2. How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the following categories of personal information for the following purposes:
- Contact Data to communicate with you, including about products and services you have ordered, or to send you updates about our products, services, or campaigns across any of the Tapestry brands (COACH, kate spade, and STUART WEITZMAN) that may be of interest; or when you voluntarily enter to win a contest, sweepstakes or giveaway.
- Order Information and Account Data to create and manage your account on our website (for example to enable you to access, update and save your preferences to the account); fulfill your orders, including product customization requests.
- Wish List Data to provide you with the “wish list” features of our online services, which allow you to identify and save products that you are interested in.
- Social Media Data to interact with you through our social media platforms; and administer social media marketing initiatives or social media advertising campaigns.
- Correspondence Data to respond to any specific queries you may have when you contact customer care, to understand your preferences so that we can provide you with updates about our products, events, or services that may be of interest, provide you with a more tailored shopping experience when you opt in to our clienteling program in our stores, to administer sweepstakes and giveaways, or to improve our product offerings and customer experience based on your responses to a survey or product review.
- Technical Data and Online Usage and Interaction Data to provide, maintain, monitor, secure, debug, personalize and optimize our online services to and for you; provide you with customer service and technical assistance for example when you use our chat function; and to generally develop and improve our products and services. We also use technical data that is automatically collected by cookies and related technologies to understand the effectiveness of our ads and social media campaigns.
We also use your personal information for the following purposes (collectively, the “General Processing Purposes”), as permitted by applicable law:
- Advertising and Marketing Activities: To provide you with marketing communications, updates on special offers or promotions, products and services across any of the Tapestry brands (COACH, kate spade, and STUART WEITZMAN) that we believe you may be interested in, or to administer and let you know about our sweepstakes and giveaways. We may tailor the content of those communications based on our understanding of your preferences. Please note that, where permitted by applicable law, we may use your information to help all Tapestry brands provide you with surveys, create customer profiles, generate inferences, and deliver targeted advertisements (“cross-brand marketing”). You can opt-out of cross-brand marketing at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email that you receive or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Compliance with Laws: To perform activities necessary to ensure compliance with applicable national, state, provincial and other applicable laws, and to respond to requests from government authorities.
- Protection of Legal Interests: To protect our legal interests, such as in the event of a complaint or dispute.
- Research and Development: To perform research and undertake surveys to understand preferences about our products and customer experience, to improve product design and product testing;
- Merger or Sale: In the event that we, or some or all of our assets are acquired by or merged with a third-party entity or in connection with a merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control, we may transfer some or all of the personal information that we have collected about you to another organization as part of that transaction. If we intend to transfer your personal information in connection with such a transaction, we may proceed with notice to you, grant you an opportunity to object, or seek your consent, as permitted or required by applicable law.
3. With Whom Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We may share your personal information with the following types of third parties as permitted by applicable law:
- Our Tapestry brands (COACH, kate spade, and STUART WEITZMAN): As described above in Section 2, we may share your information with any Tapestry brand to generate cross-brand marketing materials tailored to your specific interests, program memberships, and purchases. For example, if you sign up for email marketing materials from one of our brands (e.g., kate spade), we may use your information to create similar marketing materials for another brand’s products that may be of interest to you. You can opt-out of this sharing at any time by emailing email@example.com.
- Our service providers and business partners: We rely on affiliated and unaffiliated companies, agents and contractors to assist us with the provision of Tapestry services and products to you, including:
- Online payment and fraud prevention service providers when you make a purchase;
- Delivery / logistics service providers, to deliver products you have purchased;
- Customer care services
- Infrastructure and IT service providers, including cloud service providers to administer our website and your account if you register with us;
- Marketing, advertising and communications agencies to send you information about products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Providers of services related to some enhanced online features such as customer review;
- Advertising companies who help us understand the effectiveness of our ads and traffic on our site;
- Providers of website testing / analytics services; or
- External auditors and advisers;
We provide our service providers and business partners with access to your personal information so that they may provide services to us, subject to non-disclosure agreements and other data protection safeguards.
- Third parties permitted or required by law: In certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose or share your personal information to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. For example, we may be required to disclose personal information to regulators, government agencies or to judicial or administrative authorities. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties where disclosure is both legally permissible and necessary to protect or defend our rights, for law enforcement purposes, or to enforce our contracts or protect your rights.
- Third parties connected with business transfers: We may transfer your personal information to third parties in connection with a reorganization, restructuring, merger, acquisition or transfer of assets, provided that the receiving party agrees to treat your personal information in a manner consistent with this Privacy Notice.
Please note our online services may contain links to and from the websites of our partners or affiliates that are not owned or operated by us. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please review the privacy policies of third party websites before you submit any personal information to them. We are not responsible for any privacy or security policies of these third party sites.
4. How do we protect your personal information?
We keep your personal information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include (i) for as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you; (ii) as required by a legal obligation to which we are subject to; or (iii) as advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard of applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations). We may remove personal information for inactive accounts from our database, subject to any applicable legal or regulatory obligations. Furthermore, we may delete personal information from our database at any time and without providing any reason.
We have implemented technical and organizational security measures intended to safeguard the personal information in our custody and control. Such measures include, for example, limiting access to personal information only to employees and authorized service providers who need to know such information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as well as other administrative, technical and physical safeguards.
For example, when you place an order on www.coach.com, www.katespade.com, or www.stuartweitzman.com, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, an encryption tool that provides security while transmitting information over the Internet. We also use firewall technology, password controls, and other technological and procedural safeguards in respect of your online interactions with us.
While we endeavor to protect our systems, sites, operations and information against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle and other risk factors, we cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission or while stored on our systems, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
5. What are Your Choices and Rights?
Unsubscribe. You may unsubscribe from our marketing emails or SMS communications. To unsubscribe from email marketing, please click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email that you receive or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To unsubscribe from SMS communications, follow the instructions in the message. Please note that if you have already requested products or services when you decide to withdraw consent, there may be a short period of time for us to update your preferences and ensure that we honor your request.
Update, Modify or Correct Your Information. We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your personal information if it changes or if you believe that any information that we have collected about you is inaccurate. We may request information from you to honor your request, such as to ensure proper authentication or to verify the business branch of ours to which the information was provided.
Rights under Applicable Privacy Laws. You may have rights under applicable privacy laws, including to access or erase certain personal information that we have about you, or restrict or object to certain activities in which we engage with respect to your personal information. To submit a request to exercise any such rights, please contact us using the details in Section 7 below. If you are a resident of the relevant US state, please also see our Supplemental US State Privacy Law Notice at Section 9 below.
6. Changes to This Privacy Notice
We may change, modify, add, or remove portions of this Privacy Notice at any time, in which case we will provide individuals with notice of such updates where required by applicable law and then upload the updated Privacy Notice to our website www.coach.com or www.coachoutlet.com. You should check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of our online services or any of the other services described in this Privacy Notice following the posting of changes to this Privacy Notice will be considered your consent to those changes.
7. How Can You Contact Us?
To exercise any of your privacy rights, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice or the data processing practices outlined herein, please contact us and/or our EU or UK representative (as applicable) as follows:
- by email: email@example.com
- by phone:
1-800-444-3611 or 1-904-741-3090
M-F 8 am – 11 pm EST
Sat 9 am – 7 pm EST
Sun 11 am – 7 pm EST
- by post: Coach Privacy Office; 10 Hudson Yards New York, NY 10001
Alternatively, you can contact our external Data Protection Officer – Bird & Bird DPO Services SRL:
- by email: Attn: Data Protection Officer – DPO.Tapestry@twobirds.com
- by post: Attn: Data Protection Officer- Bird & Bird DPO Services SRL
Avenue Louise 235 box 1, 1050 Brussels, Belgium
If you are located in the EEA, you can contact the EU representative:
- Coach Stores Ireland Limited
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post: 70 Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland
If you are located in the UK, you can contact the UK representative:
- Coach Stores Limited
- by email: email@example.com
- by post: the Legal Department, Brunel Building level 7, 2 Canalside Walk, London W2 1DG, United Kingdom
A. Categories of cookies
Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache. These are known as persistent cookies and these types enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor. The main categories of cookies we use include:
- Strictly necessary cookies:These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features and ensure the security of your online transactions with us and online access to our website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, such as completing a transaction, cannot be provided. These cookies don’t gather information about you for the purposes of marketing.
- Performance cookies:These cookies allow us to count the number of visitors and collect information about how visitors use a web site, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor although they may collect the IP address of the device used to access the site. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how a website works and the user experience. By using our websites, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device, however you can block these cookies using your browser settings (please see “How to manage your cookies” section below).
- Functionality cookies:These cookies allow us to recognize you when you return to our website and allows the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name). They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as watching a video. The information these cookies collect is anonymized (i.e., it does not contain your name, address, account details, etc.) and they do not track your browsing activity across other websites. By using our websites, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device, however you can block these cookies using your browser settings (please see “How to manage your cookies” section below).
- Targeting cookies:These cookies make marketing messages more relevant to you. We or a third-party advertising network may collect information relating to your browsing history and interests to tailor relevant advertising to you. The advertisement network partner may use marketing cookies to collect usage, navigational or other statistical data about your activities on our websites and mobile applications to provide you targeted advertising based upon your interests, limit the number of times you see the same advertisement on our websites or mobile applications and to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Alternatively, you can search the Internet for other independent information on cookies..
- Enable basic functioning of our website or to fix any technical issue through gathering relevant technical data;
- Web analytics to improve our website (structure, features, accessibility and usability, content) or to fix any technical issue through gathering relevant technical data;
- Enable certain basic functions of online browsing and shopping with us (for example, save information you generated or provided on our website such as preferred items, items placed in the cart, billing address to save time and effort when you next return to our website or shop with us);
- Monitor the effectiveness of our online ads and marketing (by recording your interactions with our ads on third-party websites, our social media platforms or our marketing emails); and
- Learn more about your preferences and Internet browsing tastes to provide you with tailored advertising (you certainly don’t want to hear from us about something you are not interested in).
- Enable certain basic functions of online browsing and shopping with us (for example, save information you generated or provided on our website such as preferred items,items placed in the cart, billing address to save time and effort when you next return to our website or shop with us);
- Learn more about your preferences and tastes to provide you with tailored advertising (you certainly don’t want to hear from us about something you are not interested in).
C. How to manage your
The browsers of most computers, smartphones and other web-enabled devices are typically set up to accept cookies. If you wish to amend your cookie preferences for this website or any other websites, you can do this through your browser settings. Your browser’s ‘help’ function will tell you how to do this. If you do not want the benefit of cookies, there is a simple procedure to manually delete your cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/stop-cookies-installed.html, but please visit the links below to opt-out of marketing cookies from over 50+ major third party behavioral advertising providers:
Please remember that cookies are often used to enable and improve certain functions on our website. If you choose to switch certain cookies off, it may affect the user experience.
9. Supplemental US State Privacy Law Notice
In this Supplemental US State Privacy Law Notice, we, Tapestry, Inc., disclose information about our data processing practices as required by US state privacy laws including the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA“), the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (“VCDPA“), the Utah Consumer Privacy Act (“UCPA“), the Connecticut Privacy Act (“CTPA“), the Colorado Privacy Act (“CoPA“) and the Utah Consumer Privacy Act (“UCPA“) (collectively, “US State Privacy Laws”).
A.Who and what information is subject to US State Privacy Laws?
US State Privacy Laws protect residents, from their respective states, as “consumers” with respect to their personal information, although a number of exceptions apply. As a result, the Supplemental US State Privacy Law Notice and relevant State Privacy Rights subsections below may not apply when they restrict our ability to comply with a court order or regulator with competent authority, federal, state or local laws, and cooperation with law enforcement, exercise of our legal claims, or collection or use of de-identified information. Some of the State Privacy Rights are specific to a particular state and may not apply to you.
We have set out below the categories of personal information and sensitive personal information we have collected about US residents in the preceding 12 months and describe, for each category of personal information and/or sensitive personal information collected, the business or commercial purposes for which the information was collected. Each of the categories of personal information listed in the table(s) are collected directly from consumers. Each of the categories of personal information in the table may also be shared with the following categories of third parties: (i) our Service providers and business partners, including those listed at Section 3 above, (ii) Government entities as required by applicable law, (iii) other recipients at your discretion or with your consent, or (iv) Third parties in the event of a proposed or actual business transaction involving all or any portion of our business.
Additional information about sales of information can be found below the table.
|Category of personal information:||We collected such personal information for the following purposes:||How long will we retain your personal information?|
|Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.||We may use this information for any of the purposes described in Section 2 above.||We retain this information as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes described in Section 2 and to comply with applicable laws and regulations. Criteria used to determine the retention period include:
– whether your account remains active and you continue to order products, participate in marketing initiatives, and otherwise interact with our online store.
|Categories of personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80 of the California Civil Code, including name, signature, address, telephone number, passport number, and credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information.||We use this information to process payment, fulfil your order, or process a return.||We retain this information as long as reasonably necessary to process payments, fulfil your order, or process returns, and comply with applicable laws and regulations. Criteria used to determine the retention period include:
– whether you have made recent payments or have outstanding payments due; and
– whether you have purchased products eligible for returns.
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law; namely, gender and age.||We use this information to better understand our clientele for example when joining our clienteling program.||We retain this information as long as reasonably necessary to provide you with access to our various programs and initiatives, to book your appointments, and enrol you in our gift registries and other features of our online store, and comply with applicable laws and regulations. Criteria to determine the retention period include:
– whether you currently participate in or remain eligible for our clienteling program;
– whether you have an existing in-store appointment or event; and
– whether you have signed up for or are eligible to join our gift registry, wish lists, or closet features of our online store.
|Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||We use this information to fulfil your order, manage consumers’ online account with us, personalize and optimize consumers’ shopping experience with us (for example, letting you know when a favorite product is back in stock, recording certain information from past purchases which can be used in future purchases such as preferred address and favorite store locations), provide consumers with customer care, and customize a product per a consumer’s specific request.||We retain this information as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil your order, customize your purchases based on your specific requests, deliver products to your desired store location, provide you with customer care, and comply with applicable laws and regulations. Criteria used to determine the retention period include:
– whether you have recently placed an order with specific customization requests;
– whether you have recently requested customer care or other assistance; and
– whether you have established a preferred shipping address and/or favourite store location.
|Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.||We may use this information for any of the purposes described in Section 2 above.||We retain this information as long as reasonably necessary to optimize our online services to and for you; provide you with customer service and technical assistance; to generally develop and improve our products and services; and comply with applicable laws and regulations. Criteria to determine the retention period include:
– whether you recently visited our website and searched for certain products, interacted with our customer service, and/or engaged with a certain advertisement on our website.
|Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information.||We use audio, visual or similar information that you may voluntarily provide in connection with customer care inquiries or when you engage with our social media initiatives.||We retain this information as long as reasonably necessary to ensure your customer care inquiries are documented and answered and/or ensure your continued participation in our social media initiatives and comply with applicable laws and regulations. Criteria to determine the retention period include:
– whether you recently called or otherwise engaged with our customer care team and have an outstanding or incomplete customer service request or action item; and
– whether you are an active customer and recently engaged in a social media initiative or currently participate in a social media initiative.
|Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics and attitudes.||We use such information to personalize and optimize consumers’ shopping experience with us, enable consumers to use our “wish list” features online, tailor our marketing efforts, and develop and improve our products and services.||We retain this information as long as reasonably necessary to maintain and improve your preferences, characteristics, and attitudes based on your “wish list”, send you marketing materials tailored to your interests, and comply with applicable laws and regulations. Criteria to determine the retention period include:
– whether you have an active “wish list” with us; and
– whether you have recently purchased products or used our online services that may change your preferences.
Sensitive Personal Information
In addition to the categories of personal information listed above, we also occasionally collect categories of “sensitive personal information,” as defined by US privacy laws, which are special categories of personal information that reveal data about your identity, racial or ethnic origin, precise geolocation, and/or other sensitive data types. You have the ability to opt-out of the use and disclosure of your sensitive personal information using the mechanisms described in this Privacy Notice. Under certain laws, consumers have a right to limit use and disclosure of sensitive personal information to certain enumerated business purposes. If you wish to request this limitation, please contact us using the information provided in Section 7.
|Category of sensitive personal information:||We collected such sensitive personal information for the following purposes:||How long will we retain your sensitive personal information?|
|Government Identifier(s) such as social security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number.||We may collect, use, or disclose this information in order to onboard our independent suppliers during the procurement process. We do NOT collect, use, or disclose this information as it pertains to customers.||We retain this information as long as reasonably necessary to onboard our independent suppliers, as part of our supplier diversity program, and to comply with applicable laws and regulations.|
|Racial or ethnic origin.||We collect this information as part of our supplier procurement process, including to evaluate the supplier’s eligibility for our diversity program.
We may also collect this information when provided to us by you in order to analyse trends and improve your preferences and customer profile.
|We retain this information as long as reasonably necessary to procure diverse suppliers, maintain and improve your customer profile and preferences, and comply with applicable laws and regulations.|
|Data pertaining to children under the age 13.||We may collect this information if you provide the name of your child when using our clientelling applications.||We retain this information as long as reasonably necessary to provide you with access to our various clientelling applications you may use for your children, and to comply with applicable laws and regulations.|
|Geolocation data.||We may use this information to enable consumers to view nearby stores, to book appointments and customer targeting, to evaluate distances from stores and distribution centers.||We retain this information as long as reasonably necessary to show you nearby stores, help you book appointments, allow you to see distances from stores and distribution centres, and comply with applicable laws and regulations. Criteria to determine the retention period include:
– whether you are an active customer and have an upcoming appointment or an upcoming order arriving at a nearby store or distribution center.
|Precise geolocation data such as any data that is derived from a device and that is used or intended to be used to locate a consumer within a geographic area that is equal to or less than the area of a circle with a radius of 1,850 feet.||We may collect this information from you to display the nearest available store with inventory you are interested in, to help you book an appointment, and to deliver marketing materials tailored to your location.||We retain this information as long as reasonably necessary to help you find nearby stores and inventory, book an appointment, send you marketing materials based on your location, and to comply with applicable laws and regulations.|
Over the past 12 months, we also used the categories of personal information listed above as necessary to fulfil the General Processing Purposes described in Section 2 of this Notice above.
During the past 12 months, we shared certain categories of personal information about California residents with third parties and business partners in a manner that may constitute a “sale” under the CCPA, as described below:
- Online Promotions and Advertising: We work with one or more third parties to (i) administer and analyze effectiveness of advertising or promotional campaigns, these third parties may place cookies on individuals’ computers to receive information about traffic to our site, browsing and purchasing activity on our online services, and (ii) From time to time third parties may help us to provide a more tailored user experience. These third parties may collect information about individuals’ internet or other similar network activity and browsing patterns, IP address, page interaction (such as scrolling, clicks and mouseovers), and information obtained via cookies with these third parties (such as the site visited before or after), and may retain rights to use some of this information for their own purposes.
We do not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age without affirmative authorization.
C. State Privacy Rights
Residents from California, Virginia, Colorado, Connecticut, and Utah have the following rights:
- Right to Opt-out of Sale and Sharing:
the right to opt-out of our “sales” or “sharing” of their personal information. To exercise this right, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “US State Privacy Request to Opt-Out” in the subject line or use the contact details in Section 7 of this Privacy Notice above.
- To opt out from the sale or sharing of your personal information collected by targeting cookies, update your cookie preferences by clicking the “Cookie Settings” link below, and toggle the button from “active” to “inactive”. Please note that when you opt out of targeting cookies, you may see less relevant ads on other sites.
- Right to Opt-out of Sale and Sharing: the right to opt-out of our “sales” or “sharing” of their personal information. To exercise this right, please email us at email@example.com with “US State Privacy Request to Opt-Out” in the subject line or use the contact details in Section 7 of this Privacy Notice above.
- Right to Know and Correct: The right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose and sell about them specifically. To submit a request to exercise this right to know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “US State Privacy Request to Know” or use the contact details in Section 7 of this Privacy Notice above. Please specify in your request the details you would like to know, including any specific pieces of personal information you would like to access. If upon receipt of this information, your personal information is inaccurate, you have to right to request correction. To exercise this right, please email us at email@example.com with “US State Privacy Request to Correct” with the specific pieces of information you would like corrected and the particular inaccuracy.
- Right to Delete:The right to request the deletion of personal information that we collect or maintain about you. To submit a request to delete personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “US State Privacy Request to Delete” in the subject line, or use the contact details in Section 7 of this Privacy Notice above. Please specify in your request the personal information about you that you would like to have deleted, which can be all of your personal information as required by the applicable US State Privacy Law.
- Right to limit use and disclosure of sensitive data:You may permit or restrict us from use or disclosure of your sensitive data with the purpose of inferring characteristics about you except when such use is necessary to perform the services or provide the goods reasonably expected by You. To exercise this right, please email us at email@example.com with “US State Privacy Request to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Data” in the subject line.
- Right to opt out from profiling: You may have a right to refuse from any form of automated processing of personal information to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to you and to analyze or predict aspects concerning Your performance, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behavior, location, or movements. Some states limit your rights to profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning You. To exercise this right, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “US State Privacy Request to Opt out from Profiling” in the subject line.
- Right to opt out from targeted advertising: You may have a right to opt out from displaying advertisements to You where the advertisement is selected based on personal data obtained from Your activities over time and across nonaffiliated websites or online applications to predict Your preferences or interests. To exercise this right, please email us at email@example.com with “US State Privacy Request to Opt out from Targeted Advertising” in the subject line.
- Right Not to be Discriminated Against: You may not be discriminated against because you exercise any of your rights under the US State Privacy Laws.
- Financial Incentives: From time to time we offer consumers who provide their email address, phone number and/or zip code to us for the purposes of receiving our marketing communications free shipping, or sometimes a discount on an order. Consumers may opt in by entering their information when prompted upon first visiting our website. Consumers may opt out of marketing communications at any time by following the instructions in such communications. Consumers may also exercise their rights at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The financial incentive is permitted because it is not discriminatory in nature—it does not deny consumers their rights or discriminate against consumers who may have exercised their rights under US State Privacy Laws. When we provide the financial incentive, the price or difference calculated by the free shipping and/or order discounts is reasonably related to the value of the data you provide to us as our customer.
- Right to Appeal a Decision: You may subsequently appeal our decision when we declined your request. To exercise this right, please email us at email@example.com with “US State Privacy Request to Appeal a Decision” naming a specific decision and a declined request that you would like to appeal. We will provide a written explanation of the actions taken and the reasons supporting those actions. Also, specific state laws may grant you a right to contact the attorney general regarding the results of the appeal.
If you submit a request to exercise your rights pursuant to this US State Privacy Law Notice, we may ask that you provide certain information to verify your identity. If you have a password-protected account with us, we may verify your identity through our existing authentication practices for your account. The information that we ask you to provide to verify your identity will depend on your prior interactions with us and the sensitivity of the personal information at issue. We will respond to your request in accordance with applicable law. If we deny your request, we will explain why.
You can designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf if:
- The authorized agent is a natural person, or a business entity registered with the applicable body of your state; and
- You sign a written declaration that you authorize the authorized agent to act on your behalf.
If you use an authorized agent to submit a request to exercise your right to know, right to opt-out of the “sale” of your personal information, or your right to request deletion, please have the authorized agent take the following steps in addition to the steps described earlier:
- Mail a certified copy of your written declaration authorizing the authorized agent to act on your behalf to Coach Privacy Office; 10 Hudson Yards New York, NY 10001; and
- Provide any information we request in our response to your email to verify your identity. The information that we ask you to provide to verify your identity will depend on your prior interactions with us and the sensitivity of the personal information at issue.
D. Shine the Light Law
California residents are entitled once per year to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of your personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately prior calendar year. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, email address, and postal address in your message. In response to your request, we will provide you with a notice describing the cost-free means to opt-out of our sharing your personally identifiable information with third parties with whom we do not share the same brand name, if the third party will use it for their direct marketing purposes.